Fall has finally arrived in Texas!! And with it a new sense of needing delicious, warm comforting food that the whole family can enjoy. This year I've been on a bit of a journey to let go of the desire for perfection and have started lightening up a bit on strict "must always be 100% healthy". This orange creamsicle smoothie is just the ticket!
Orange essential oil is my fall go to and this smoothie is delicious!! Enjoy this recipe from Sally's Baking Addition!
- You can even add in kale, spinach or a protein powder for extra punch!
- 1 frozen ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- optional: 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender to break down the frozen banana and orange. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- On high, blend the frozen banana chunks, vanilla, and orange juice together until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add the yogurt, orange, and orange zest (if using). Blend until combined.